Can you create a robot that would make office life easier? We’ll pay for it!
Sometimes work can be a bit of a slog. Imagine if you had a little gadget or machine that would make your workday a little bit easier? TechWeekEurope has joined forces with RS Components to give our readers the opportunity to create their very own office contraption. So whether it’s a little coffee-making robot, or a device that will help to keep your desk tidy, we’d love to hear about it.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- Write a post on your blog describing the gadget that you would like to build.
- Go to the RS Components website to make a shopping list of all of the things that you’ll need. It might include LED lights, sensors, motors, batteries, an Arduino microcontroller or maybe even a Raspberry Pi. Remember to get creative, as we will judge each project and award the winner £250 worth of components.
- Once you know what components you want, you will need to submit your entry via Twitter. To do this, simply tweet the link to @TechWeekEurope along with #OfficeGadget.
- So if you’ve got a great idea for an office gadget, and you want to tell us about it, be sure to get involved!
Terms & Conditions
- TechWeekEurope editorial team will be selecting the competition winner.
- RS Components reserves the right to use any submitted content in relation to the competition.
- Individuals are only alowed to submit one design plan.
- Competition closes at 00.00 on 23rd June 2013
- No alternative prize is available and the prize is not transferable. There is no cash equivalent.
- The winner will be notified by TechWeekEurope no later than 25th June 2013.
- If the Promoter cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at the Promoter’s sole discretion); or (ii) the winner does not return details of its postal address to the Promoter within 14 days of notification that they have won the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the Promotion and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
What are you waiting for? Unleash your inner engineer and design some tools of office domination!